News/Public Affairs Producer
North Metro TV is seeking an experienced news anchor, program host, and story-teller to be their News/Public Affairs Producer. The News/Public Affairs Producer is responsible for assisting with the production of a weekly news show and other Public Affairs programs, as assigned by the department director.
- Reporting, anchoring, hosting
- Research, story development, script writing
- Shooting, editing, directing
- Creating motion graphics
- Operating audio boards
- Creating engaging story ideas
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with community organizations, local government officials, police and fire departments, county officials, local media, and others
Other duties will include:
- Participating in promotional events
- Producing video promos
- Assisting other departments on occasion
Qualified candidates must have a degree/certificate in Mass Communications, Journalism, or related field. Computer skills, attention to detail, excellent writing and verbal skills, on-camera presence, basic political knowledge, and the ability to lift 30 pounds are also required.
- Full-time, generally Monday- Friday, with occasional evenings and weekends dependent on event coverage
- $38,213 starting salary, with 6 month and annual step increases
- Excellent benefits package
Send resume to:
North Metro TV
attn: Executive Director
12520 Polk St. NE
Blaine, MN 55434
Or email to:
Resumes will be accepted through Friday, Sept. 14, 2018.
North Metro TV is an equal opportunity employer.