BLAINE, Minn. – (Nov. 29, 2018) – Explore Minnesota has announced the 2017 attendance figures for major attractions and events statewide. The National Sports Center in Blaine landed in the number four position, and came out as the top-ranked sports destination in Minnesota.
Last year, it had nearly the same amount of visitors as Target Field and the Xcel Energy Center combined. The National Sports Center hosted 4.1 million visitors. The NSC also reported that it generated a visitor economic impact of $83 million in 2017.
The complete list of the top ten are:
1. Mall of America, Bloomington (40 million visitors)
2. Chain of Lakes Regional Park, Minneapolis (7.1 million)
3. Como Park, St. Paul (5.4 million)
4. National Sports Center, Blaine (4.1 million)
5. Central Mississippi Riverfront Regional Park, Minneapolis (2.8 million)
6. Mississippi Gorge Regional Park, Minneapolis/St. Paul (2.7 million)
7. Lake Superior Maritime Visitor Center & Park, Duluth (2.5 million)
8. Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul (2.2 million)
9. Target Field, Minneapolis (2.1 million)
10. Minnehaha Park, Minneapolis (2.0 million)