(PRESS RELEASE) – Spring Lake Park Schools is supporting students’ nutritional needs throughout the school closure. We will provide a bagged breakfast and lunch option for children ages 1-18 at no cost.
We will be distributing free meals on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at six locations throughout the community. On Mondays and Wednesdays, families will receive two-days’ worth of meals. On Fridays, families will receive a standard day of meals plus additional snacks for the weekend.
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays meal locations and times:
- Spring Lake Park High School, door 33, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- 1100, 81st Ave NE, Spring Lake Park, MN 55432
- Lorenz Bus Garage, 9-10 a.m.
- 8600 Xylite St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55449
- Sunnyside Park, 9-10 a.m.
- 750 Clover Leaf Pkwy NE, Blaine, MN 55434
- Fridley Terrace Community Center, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- 7400 Taylor St NE, Fridley, MN 55432
- Former Broadway Pizza – Springbrook, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- 8298 University Ave NE, Fridley, MN 55432
- Madsen Park, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- 735 73rd Ave NE, Fridley, MN 55432
Location identification and directions:
- A yellow school bus will be parked at each of these locations to identify the meal pick-up location.
- Families who are driving to these locations will see a drive-thru lane set up. Families can stay in their cars and follow the lane designated by orange cones until they are at the front of the line where staff in yellow vests will bring your meals out to you.
- Families are also welcome to walk to a location. When you arrive, staff in yellow vests will be ready to assist you.
If you have additional circumstances we need to know about, please call the district office at 763-600-5000 and leave a message. Someone will get back to you.
Here is a navigable map for locations.