BLAINE – (Nov. 1, 2023) – With the start of November also comes winter parking restrictions in most cities in the north metro. Most cities in the area have some time of overnight parking ban, and many cities also ban street parking if a certain amount of snow has fallen. Here is a summary of local city’s restrictions:
- No one can park on the street between 2 a.m. and 7 a.m. from Nov. 1 to April 1. Along with that, you can’t park on the roads anytime when two inches of snow have fallen until the road is plowed.
- No overnight street parking 3 a.m. until 7 a.m. year round.
- You cannot park on the street from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. from Nov. 1 until April 1.
- From Oct. 1st until April 30 you cannot park on any city street from midnight until 6 a.m. or anytime during a snowfall.
- No street parking from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. from Nov. 1 until April 1.
- No street parking between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. from Nov. 1 to April 1, and anytime there is 2 inches of snow.
Spring Lake Park:
- No parking from 2 a.m. until 8 a.m. from Nov. 1 until March 31, and anytime there is three inches of snowfall until the streets are plowed.
Cities do allow temporary exceptions to these rules if you contact them ahead of time. To learn more about winter parking in your city, contact your city hall.